S PANTON CHAIR
Conceived by Verner Panton in 1960, the Panton chair was developed for serial production in collaboration with Vitra (1967). Today, the all-plastic chair is an icon of twentieth-century design. It has received numerous international design awards and is present in the collections of many prominent museums. It is available in a choice of bold and subdued colours.
Verner Panton, born in Gamtofte, Denmark, studied at Odense Technical College before enrolling at the Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts in Copenhagen as an architecture student. He worked from 1950-1952 in the architectural firm of Arne Jacobsen and founded an independent studio for architecture and design in 1955. He first attracted wider attention with the geometric forms of his furniture designs for the firm Plus-linje. In the following years Panton created numerous designs for seating furniture and lighting.